Monday, September 26, 2005

Once again...


it's been way too long since my last update.

We've spent the past week and half keeping busy, as usual. 2 weekends ago, we had a fun-and-beer-filled evening at Denver's Oktoberfest in Larimer Square downtown with a few of our friends. I had never been to an Oktoberfest celebration prior to this, but found it to be very entertaining. The downers of the night included the beer being so-so, they ran out of the huge steins that I was so wanting to purchase, and the multiple times the chicken song dance was played/danced. However, we rectified those downers by getting fresh pretzels, drinking enough of the so-so beer that we danced the chicken song a few times, and finally (and most importantly) me winning a chicken hat to don the entire evening. I'll upload a picture of it, yes there it is... As I'm sure you can see, that was after a few beers. When I first saw them, I was thinking, wow, those are so dumb. Then I had only a few tickets left, not enough to purchase food or drink, so I decided to play this game, in which the chicken hat was the prize. It was purely chance... A wheel with all NFL football teams on it, like a roulette wheel. Then you place your bets on whatever football team you wish. I had 4 tickets, so I went with the Patriots, Bears, Broncos, and a last minute pic was the New York Giants. A spin of the wheel, and 30 seconds later, it lands on the Giants and I, all of a sudden, am the very excited and happy owner of a chicken hat. I gleefully put it on and wear it the rest of the night, answering numerous questions about it and replying to some people's off-color comments... We topped the night off at a 80's club where we danced the night away to Devo and Michael Jackson, amongst others.

The 2 nights of kickball over the past couple weeks gave us one win and one loss. Last week we had a keg at the game, which was a blast (despite it being Bud Light). Supposedly, we're getting a keg from Breckenridge Brewery sometime soon, so we'll get to enjoy some nice micro-brewed beer.

Well, the past week and upcoming week and weekend are going to be football and baseball filled. We're watching the Broncos game right now (ooh, and I just realized I missed Laguna), and will be on the edge of our seats watching the Red Sox finish out the regular season. Yes, now that the Cubbies are totally out of the wild card/playoff race (ok, I'll admit, they were totally out of it in July...), my focuses are entirely dedicated to the Red Sox.

This coming weekend we also have another festival to attend: the great american beer festival. This is at the convention center in Denver, and there are 1669 beers on tap... Your ticket includes a tasting cup, which you can fill up at any number of beer vendors there. Thankfully, we have a place to stay in Denver that night, so no worries of us driving after that!

I think that's about it... Will update as fun and exciting things happen. Go BoSox!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...there's a chicken on your head!?

Re: Laguna
And you call yourself a fan!!! I'm disappointed in you McKenna :(

Still love you though. I wish I could join in the beer drinking fun this weekend with you. However, cheap beer in Macomb is calling my name.

Jackie said...

Oh my, and Macomb sure does have cheap beer! I'm jealous. We're paying $40 for an all-you-can drink evening... which isn't too bad, but in Macomb, it'd probably cost $7.50!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the the team with the best record in the AL...yes that is the White Sox!!! The Right Sox!!