Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A motorcycle demolition derby???

Ah, this weekend was fun-filled with Beer tastings, Red Sox victories and a fun evening at a dirt racetrack.

First of all, the Great American Beer Festival was a great time. With a gazillion beers on tap, I tasted everything from Shiner Bock to a Chili Beer to PBR. (with lots and lots of microbrews from across the US in between!) You get a tasting glass, and you get a 1 ounce tasting of whatever beer you'd like to taste. After the first 10 or so tastes, you lose count and you'll never remember what you had, but I do distinctly remember 2 beers that I hated. First was the Chili Beer. Little did I know it was going to be freaking hot, though the jalapeno chili in the beer bottle should have clued me in. Another was a sour beer that Brian had, which I tasted because he said it was really good. In my opinion, it tasted like the aftertaste you have in your mouth after you puke. To each their own, I suppose.

Saturday was spent recovering from the multitude of beer shots and then in the evening we attended 'crashfest' at a local dirt racetrack that was closing down forever. The night all started normal, or as normal as you can get being surrounded by super-mullets and nascar fan. They had regular races around the circle track, some figure 8 races with cars... Then a figure 8 race with... school buses. Yep, school buses. It was pretty bizarre, but awesomely hilarious. Then to top the evening off, about 6 guys on dirt bikes come out to the start/finish line. All of a sudden we see two guys on the ground in a fist fight. Then all hell breaks loose and all the other bikers are trying to ram each other and knock each other off their bikes. I wasn't quite sure what was happening, and didn't realize, until the checkered flag was waved, that this WAS the event! Not sure what to call it, possibly a motorcylce demolition derby, but it was damn hilarious!


I felt like total crap on Sunday- sore throat, congested, the whole bit, because I hadn't taken my allergy medicine in a couple days, so I spent most of the day in bed sleeping and watching football and baseball. Then Sunday night, we started watching 'Freaks and Geeks'- our friend lent us his DVD set of it. I immediately fell in love with the show. We watched some more last night, and I'm pretty sure we're going to be done with the 6 disc set by the end of the week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellz yeah freaks and geeks rules! Did you see the episode yet where Bill's mom starts dating the gym teacher? Awesome.

Also, Kristin likes this show almost as much as she likes pictures of newborn panda babies.

K said...

Oh my god, don't get me started on my adoration for this show (although my older brother ran off with my dvd set, dammit).

Man, I'm jealous of the beer tasting! It sounds like tons of fun.