Saturday, November 25, 2006

Catch up. Part II

The weekend after we were in Aspen, Jen came into town for some partying and visiting and site-seeing. I was so excited to have her come visit me and doubly excited to have her there to share in the excitement of our recent engagement! I had a great time with her, we did lots of eating and drinking (wine, of course!), and did a little bit of sight-seeing which included the essential tour of the Coors Brewery. I even dragged her to a couple of bridal shops and we found my wedding dress! So, not only was it fun having Jen in town, it was also quite productive! Jen was in town until Wednesday, so we spent Halloween together and even went to a Haunted House. Though, I am pretty sure no one will ever go to a Haunted House with me again. I get a ... bit... no, crazily scared. Scary movies, scary stories, haunted houses, etc... plus ME do not mix!

A couple weeks later, Colleen, Dahx, and Jason were in town. I go from having no friends come to visit to a ton visiting all in a 2 week span! Dahx has family in Denver and they were having a big tailgate party down in Colorado Springs for the Notre Dame/Air Force game. So Brian and I joined them for the tailgate and various other activities during the weekend. It was great to see them and I even got Colleen all to myself for an afternoon. :)

Last weekend, we had a little Engagement Get-Together at the Purple Martini downtown. The first thing people were asking us when we got engaged was either, "when's the wedding?" or "are you having and engagement party??" I suppose it was the power of suggestion, so we had a laid back evening of drinking some frou-frou martinis and toasted with champaign. After the martini bar, we headed down to LoDo's for some late night dancing and then capped of the night with some breakfast food at Denver Diner.

In between all of the above activities, we have been busy planning our wedding for next September. We've found our reception site and have started the process with our church for getting married... Who knew getting married would require a test, a gazillion meetings, and classes?? It's really not that bad, we were just both a little surprised at all of the requirements to get married in a Catholic church. Now that we have the big things decided like the date and the reception site, we're moving on to the 'littler' things like photographers, dj's, etc... It's so much to think about, but it really is fun and we're determined to have an awesome time and even more determined that our guests have a fantastic time!

On Thanksgiving, Brian and I had some friends over to his house and we cooked a huge feast. We played some games, drank some beer, watched some football, and ate a lot of food. It was just as Thanksgiving should be! We're trying to relax the rest of the weekend, though it seems like we've been doing a lot. On Monday, I leave for Dallas for a weeklong business trip... It'll be fun, but I'm definitely not looking forward to being gone for a whole week. Though by the time I get back, it'll be the weekend again, so I guess that's some good news!

No comments: