Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I 'Heart' Boulder.

Tonight, after work, Rob and I headed up to the foothills west of Boulder for a hike up a mountain. Well, it was more like a foothill, but it's called Bald Mountain. Why? Because it's bald... As in not trees up top. Duh.

Anyways, it was a very quick hike up and back (Sidenote: the views from the top were cool- you could see Denver and the Plains, parts of Boulder, the mountains to the west, south and north, the foothills, and the flatirons), so we stopped in downtown Boulder to check out the infamous Pearl Street Mall. I was expecting it to be all yuppified, and don't get me wrong, it sort of was, but the combination of numerous outdoors stores, street performers, and friendly homeless people made me realize that I love Boulder. They even had a outdoors store totally dedicated to women (you don't know how difficult it is to find women's hiking shoes at a place like Dick's or even REI, the selection just sucks). We had dinner on a rooftop deck of a sports bar/grill that ruled and then came home. It was an awesome night.

Summary: Jackie + Boulder = LOVE

P.S. Can you believe I am STILL wound up from the coffee I drank this morning? Doesn't make sense, I know, but I'm still wound. Maybe it's just the thin mountain air, but I DO make my coffee strong...

No comments: