Monday, August 28, 2006

Blah, blah, blah....

So, I know it's been a while since I last updated... The past week or so has absolutely flown by, but I really can't recount what I've done! Over the weekend, Danielle and I had a girl's night out, celebrating our 1 year anniversary. Yes, we're dorks, but it's been one year since we met each other and decided it would be fun to celebrate. :) We went out for dinner at D-note, a little music venue/restaurant and had some of their awesome pizza and a bottle of wine while listening to some semi-decent jazz. Afterwards, of course, we headed over to the Arvada Tavern for some beers and shuffleboard and ended up closing down the place, which seems to be a reoccuring instance for us.

The rest of the weekend, I took it easy. Brian and I went for a nice long drive on what felt like a cool, fall day up north to Loveland. And on Sunday we took another drive, though much shorter around some parts of Arvada that neither one of us knew existed. We ended the weekend with dinner at Ted's Montana Grill up by my old apartment. How I miss that neighborhood! Yes, so the weather here for the past several days has totally felt like fall. I can't wait for it to really be fall and for Halloween and Thanksgiving to roll on by. Because that only means we are that much closer to my favorite holiday, Christmas!

This week, I know, is just going to fly by. We are heading to Chicago for Labor Day weekend on Wednesday. I'm very excited to be going to Chicago and especially psyched to show Brian around and have him meet my peeps there. ;) We'll be dining on some Chicago pizza (Lou's), Portillo's, attending a Cubs game, doing some touristy things, and hanging out with my friends and parents. So, I will hopefully have some more interesting things to say next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey....how was your visit home???

Jackie said...

Working on that blog now, actually. :)