Sunday, December 18, 2005

I smell of turpentine and linseed oil.

I was inspired and decided to create about 5 new pieces of art this weekend. The last of which, were 3 paintings, in which I used my oils and now I think I am high from the fumes. The actual paint isn't what is really stinky, but it's the linseed oil that sort of smells and turpentine that absolutely reeks. Yes, I know they make the odorless turpenoid or whatever it's called, but have you seen how expensive that is?? Although, I admitted tonight I need to suck it up and purchase the odorless stuff, because the fumes were making my eyes water, my nose run, and giving me a headache! Rob warned me to not put the fireplace on, for fear that the house might blow up!

The last week has been really busy- mostly finishing up Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, sending presents (3 trips to the post office this week!), and starting to pack for our Illinois trip... On top of that, been working quite a bit, as I have had three new projects go to print this week, which is always a little more stressful.

Tuesday we leave for Illinois, and we'll be spending our 10 days in Illinois both in Chicago and St. Louis/Gillespie. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone, though I am sad to know that Mikey will be spending Christmas alone. :( He's been having lots of fun chewing the ribbons off of all of the Christmas presents under the tree!

I am doubtful I'll have time to write more in the next week and a half, so a very Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

No comments: