Saturday, December 10, 2005

Jumpin' Monkeys

This past week has seemed to fly by entirely too fast! I can't believe it's only 15 days away til Christmas, and just 10 days till we leave for Illinois. This past Wednesday I watched our little neighbor, Max, who's 6 years old and absolutely the best 6 year I've ever met. We had a fun day... Rob taught him some stuff in the garage, making a super-cool door stop with his name spelled out in nails, I colored with him, we corrupted him with a little Playstation, watched "The Grinch," and capped the day off with a fun game of "Jumpin' Monkeys". It was so much fun having a little kid around. Especially because he's so well-behaved and smart!

The rest of the week I tried to both start AND finish my Christmas shopping, and I did remarkably well. With only a couple trips to the mall and a few hours online, I have about 80% of my shopping done! Just a few odds and ends to pick up, ship out some packages, and I'm all set. I also finished my Christmas cards, which I just need some stamps to get those sent out.

I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow to take care of a few things, then, we're going to the Bronco's game. Rob and I were both invited by two different friends, so I'll be sitting in the first row on the field with my friend while Rob will be in either the 300 or 500 level section of the stadium. It's sure to be fun.

We also made our holiday travel plans final, with getting tickets flying into Chicago on the 20th. We'll be heading down to St. Louis right away to see Rob's parents and then we'll head back up to Chicago for a couple days before we return to Denver on the 30th. Should be a fun little trip and can't wait to see everyone!

No comments: