Monday, February 27, 2006

Such a productive weekend...

Anyone who knows me well knows my love of liquor stores. I thought I had it all, with DiCarlo's in Westmont, IL. Then I moved to Colorado and searched and searched for a liquor store and happened upon Superior Liquors off of 36 in Superior. I thought nothing could get better than Superior. Well, that was until I was introduced to Applejack's this weekend. This place is enormous- huge selection AND great prices. My allegiances have changed yet again...

No worries: the liquor store was not the highlight of my weekend. I also visited Sonic, my favorite drive-in fast food restaurant. And had crab legs for the first time ever, and they were soo yummy. No, the crab legs were not from Sonic, had those at a restaurant in Larimer Square, Del Mar's Crab House. Eating crab legs is so much fun. You get to crack, rip, and tear at the legs and eat with your fingers. And during all of this excitement, crab meat, shell, and juices are flying all over the place: hitting neighboring tables, projecting into my hair, hitting your chair, the floor, etc. I definitely want to eat crab legs more often now. I almost think I like crabs more than lobster. Then again, I have not had lobster in a really long time.

I also hit up the Denver Art Museum, aka the DAM. It's partially under construction, so all of their exhibits and collections were apparently not on display. It's definitley no Art Institute of Chicago, but they have quite a collection there. I started out checking out their European and American art, a meager grouping of no more than 100 paintings. Next, checked out the Asian art and then Pre-Columbian art art. These collections were vast and outnumbered the European and American pieces about 20 to 1. No kidding.

As I reflect back on the weekend, my 'productiveness' involved lots of booze, food, and art. Doesn't get better than that. ;)

No comments: