Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I heart flip-flops.

With yesterday and today reaching temperatures over 70 degrees, I decided it was time to bust out my flip flops. Have I ever mentioned my love of my flip flops? Not all of my pairs of flip flops. There is just one pair that I have this incredible affection towards. I bought them in a sweet surf shop in Monterey, CA a couple years ago, after discovering on my Californian vacation that I had brought no comfortable summery shoes. I did bring a cute, new pair of sandals that I had never worn before on this California trip. I promptly threw them out in the hotel garbage after hiking my sorry ass up and down the streets of San Francisco one afternoon in search of a FedEx... And my feet put up with a lot. For me to throw out an incredibly cute pair of shoes, well, they just had to be THAT painful. Where was I... Oh yes, back to my favorite flip flops. So I buy these simple flip flops at this surf shop in Monterey and immediately fell in love with them. The rest of the vacation I think I planned all of my outfits around these flip flops. Even deeming it perfectly acceptable to wear army green flop flops with a nice khaki skirt out to dinner one night. I think I even donned them at the all-day Coachella festival in the desert. And, well, you get the point, I think my other shoes felt slighted that trip, not making any appearances on my feet south of Moneterey.

Let's backtrack here... Since I'm already writing incessently about my flip flops, I might as well give a little background information. I never liked flip flops till I met 'the ones'. Let's face it, the little thing that goes in between your big toe and the little piggy who stayed home is normally uncomfortable. These flip flops totally changed my outlook on flip flops in general. I now knew what to look for in a flip flop. I knew how to appreciate flip flops that treated my feet right.

What was my whole point of posting today??? Oh yes, it's so incredibly beautiful out today and I have been just loving wearing my flip flops and having the windows open and breathing the fresh spring-like air. I love it. I went out to grab some lunch and ate it outside taking in the sun and amazingly warm breezes. Springtime is the best. I shouldn't get too used to this though, as I'm sure it'll be back to cold and snow soon enough....

No comments: