Thursday, July 14, 2005

A Haiku For You (well, mostly for Todd)...

Budweiser is good
It's yummy-Todd thinks so too
Go drink some today.

I drank it last night in honor of Todd. For some reason, I just was in the mood for Bud, perhaps it's the upcoming Ozarks trip or maybe I was just really missing my super cool friend, Todd.

Anyways, last night we went to The Soiled Dove to see Tender Trio (dude from Spacehog and dude from Blind Melon and some other dude) and Esthero. The show was pretty sweet. Tender Trio was cool and Esthero was definitely cool to see in concert. I didn't know what to expect seeing her, but it was different from any shows I've been too. Since her music is more hip-hop, dancy, the crowd in some ways reflected that. For instance, in front of me were two sluts that were getting hit on by some macho man and a gay guy, and they didn't even pay ANY attention to the show. They were too concerned with playing with their cell phones, taking pictures and getting phone numbers. They annoyed the crap out of me. The Soiled Dove was a pretty cool venue. It reminded me of the hall that you would see a performance of "Grease" on a cruise ship. Okay, not in a bad way like that, but it was interesting, lots of tables, tons of chair, and waitresses coming around. Rob thought I was nuts for thinking it was weird, but come on, how often do you go to shows and sit the whole time? Or how often are you at a venue where the chairs outnumber the attendees?? (slight exaggeration)

On the ride home, STP's "Plush" came on and I belted out the whole song, practicing for our upcoming camping trip to Gillespie... Then "Girls just want to have fu-un" came on, and I sang that one too... just because.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the king of beers
The castle is my liver
All hail Budweiser

You know what's awesome? Since Val is pregnant she can be our designated driver at the Ozarks! We can break world records in Budweiser consumption!

Jackie said...

Yeah, Rob already said I'm gonna have to keep up with the boys this year! No Dirty Bananas this Ozarks trip! Dang!

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I was having fun singing the name of that drink to the tune of "Dirty Diana" by Michael Jackson.

DIRTY BANAAANNNA
OW
DIRTY BANAAANNNA
OW
(repeat for a while)