Saturday, July 09, 2005

Sorry!

Okay, it's been way too long since I've last wrote... I heard through the grapevine that my lovely aunt, Julie, has been upset that I haven't updated. SORRY!

What's been going on, you ask? Hmmm... Let's see..

First off, I'd like to mention that on 'On Demand' (through Comcast Cable) there is a station called "boomerang" which is the Cartoon Network's old school cartoon station. Maybe you get the real station, maybe you don't, but nonetheless, I was in cartoon heaven last night watching the Flintstones and the Jetsons! I never noticed this before, but Jane Jetson is pretty hot.

We celebrated the 4th of July in true Colorado-fashion. We went west of Boulder to hike up a short trail to the top of Bald Mountain, where we hung out to watch all the fireworks in the area. It was pretty awesome- we could see all the fireworks going on from Boulder to Denver, in addition to towns north and east of Boulder. It was pretty amazing. We hiked down with our new headlamps (I was so psyched to get to use those!) and took a different way home, discovering a whole new part of Boulder, which totally cemented my feelings of love towards Boulder. It really is a great town.

Speaking of Boulder, we were in town last weekend, I think, and found an awesome vintage store that had super cool (and really nice quality and condition) vintage furniture. They had a few Eames chairs, some amazing Danish furniture, and they also showcased some awesome local, contemporary artists on the walls.

On to other things of note... I'd like to congratulate my former co-worker for quitting that place we both lovingly refered to as "hell", and it seems my leaving has caused quite a chain of events... After he quit, they fired the girl they hired to replace me! Sounds like that place is going down the drain, I can only say I wish I would have left there sooner than I did!

Tomorrow we are planning a moderate hike up to the summit of Mount Audobon, which is west of Boulder. I believe it's a 7 mile hike with an elevation gain of 3K feet, so it should be a good hike with some spectacular views of the Continental Divide and the Indian Peaks WA.

The power seems to be going off and on. Could be that the daily thunderstorm is coming through.. Well, not even like it rains, it just gets dark, windy as all heck and cool out, which is usually welcome since the high today was 98. Sorry if there are some misspellings or grammatical errors today, I'm not going to proofread this one. :)

POP QUIZ: What IS the Continental Divide? (and don't google this, you internet savvy fools!) reason I ask, is I didn't know what it really was until a couple months ago, and I must say, it's moderately interesting, if you're a geek like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Continental Divide; Most notable watershed of the North American continent.

The mountains comprising it extend generally north-south, thus dividing the continent's principal drainage into waters flowing eastward (e.g., into Hudson Bay in Canada or the The Mississippi River in the U.S.) and waters flowing westward (into the Pacific Ocean). Most of the divide runs along the crest of the Rocky Mountains, through British Columbia in Canada and through the states of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico in the U.S. Its central point is Colorado, where it has many peaks above 13,000 ft (3,962 m). It continues southward into Mexico, roughly paralleling the Sierra Madre, and into Central America.

There!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have explained it better.
MOM

Jackie said...

Well, aren't you a smartie-pants!