Monday, August 15, 2005

Back up and running... almost......

My foot has almost healed 100%! Yay! I can walk pretty fast now, with minimal pain, and I'm not wearing that ugly boot anymore! Yesterday, we went to the Grand Prix of Denver... They literally close down a whole section of town near Six Flags and encompassing the Pepsi Center and numerous streets, build a race track, grandstands, food and souveneir boothes, and so on. It's absolutely unbelievable that they can do that for 3 days of racing, and have it all taken apart in a day and the city is back to normal! I hear they do the same thing in Long Beach, but I had never heard of such a thing before. Anyways, it was a pretty cool race and we got to see the cars up close and the drivers after the race, because our neighbor gave us some special passes.

Let's see... what else is new... Last week we saw The Life and Times play in Denver. That was pretty awesome. We also went to Wal-Mart, and the friendly entrance old man convinced me (easily) to ride on one of those motorized thingamabobs that the fat people drive around Wal-Mart. It was pretty awesome- I hadn't laughed so hard in a LONG time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the injury. I believe the "thingamabob" you are referring to is called a Rascal.

How was the turnout for the Life and Times over there? I've always wondered how well Allen Epley related rock bands do outside of KC and Chicago.

Jackie said...

Well, the turnout for the Life and Times show was pretty small. I don't know how many for sure, but I'd say 25 people actively standing by the stage then 15 more by the bar at the front of the venue. Just an estimate... I think the people that WERE there, for the most part, weren't necessarily there for the Life and Times either.