Wednesday, August 10, 2005

On the D.L...

Yup, I'm on the D.L... The other night, as I was stepping out of the truck, my foot twisted and I chipped a bone in my foot. It hurts like crazy and I'm confined to the couch, with my foot elevated, iced, and donning a lovely post-operative boot. Yay. Hopefully it'll heal in a couple weeks, and I'll only have to miss a game or two of kickball.

Yup, kickball. Rob and I joined a kickball team/league in Denver. One of our friends is the captain, and our first game is next Tuesday. I'll probably be sitting it out, but at least I can brush up on strategy and the rules while I watch. I can't wait. Should be a lot of fun.

Last weekend we went camping to Lake Dillon again. It was awesome. The weather was phenomenal, and we tested out our backpacking tent, new sleeping bags, and sleeping pads. My goodness, these sleeping pads we got, though a little pricey, are well worth the money. I have never slept so good while camping. I seriously could not believe how comfy they were! They are only a 1-1.5 inch thick, and compress down even smaller. I think they are comparable to sleeping on a regular mattress! Seriously! They are 'therm-a-rest' brand and you can buy them at REI and other sport stores... If you camp, I highly recommend them.

Anyways, back to camping.... We kayaked from our campsite to the Dillon Marina, which was quite a paddle... As we're pulling up to the marina, a canon was shot off and they were playing the National Anthem and there were tons of people there. We had no clue what was going on! We got out and apparently it was a Regatta for sailboats. So we ate lunch on the lake, drank some delicious Rum Runners and watched the race for a while before heading back to camp. We ended up going home Saturday night and just relaxed the rest of the weekend.

Well, I need to get back to work....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your injury! Your camping trip sounds awesome. I just love days like that!