Tuesday, August 02, 2005

yum-yum

I made some pulled/bbq pork tonight that even the most discerning pork lover would be wowed by. It was Yuuuuuummmmy! Although I am a ginormous fan of eating out, after dining out on vacation for a bunch of meals, it is nice to get home and make/eat some home cooked fare.

I have self diagnosed myself with this: mal de debarquement syndrome. I still feel as if I am on a boat, ya know that rocking feeling you have after being on boat? Well, it's been since Saturday since I was actually on a boat, and I am still having that feeling. Isn't that weird? Anyways, it's never taken me this long to get back to normal. I am wondering if the change in elevation has something to do with it too. Hmm...

I am hoping that Mikey will be quiet tonight and I'll be able to get a good night's rest. I think he's so paranoid about us leaving again, that he is determined to keep us by him and alert all day long. When he is sleeping at night, it's usually at our feet, but the past nights since we've gotten home, it's been either right on top of me or right by my head. And the meowing... He just won't stop! Enough complaining. Even though he's been bugging the hell out of me, and I'm exhausted, I still love him. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the nicest little girl in the whole wide world (Mom is the nicest big girl). When you write these experiences, it is like you are here. I can watch you say each word and express every feeling. I take great joy in you, my daughter! Keep on blogging Cutie so Mom and I can share these precious moments, smile at each other and say "Thank you, Lord, for our Blessings!"
Love you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

I have to "echo" your dad's comments. This is so much fun, and you are so special. We love you too!