Monday, August 01, 2005

Home, at Last!

After an absolutely glorious vacation in rural Illinois, the St. Louis metropolitan area, and Lake of the Ozarks, we are home at last. Can't say I wanted to leave the Ozarks, but it was sure nice to come home to my kitty and my own bed.

Well, here's a brief recap of our trip....

Drove 13 hours to Edwardsville, where Rob's parents live and got to see the Cubs play the Cardinals at Busch Stadium. That was awesome, even though the Cubs lost that game, they won the other two they played there that weekend! Go Cubs! Then we went up to Rob's aunt and uncle's for the annual Gillespie camping trip. The weather was close to miserable, but the beer cooled us off, and Rob's aunt and uncle were kind enough to let us use their camper, so we were able to sleep in a/c. We had so many friends come down from Chi-town to camp with us- it was awesome! I had such a blast, despite seeing too many dudes in speedos and getting a gazillion mosquito bites. My parents also came down and spent the weekend with Rob's parents, and Rob's uncle from Alabama was in town, so we really got to see a ton of people! The Illinois/St. Louis portion of our vacation was a huge success.

The middle of last week, Todd met us at Rob's parent's house, and we went down to his parent's place at Lake of the Ozarks, where we spent the rest of our vacation. We had absolutely beautiful weather. We arrived in the Ozarks on Wednesday around noon and spent the rest of our weekend there lounging on their gorgeous boats, floating in the water, eating absolutely divine food out at some great restaurants and also at their house, courtesy of Linda's gourmet cooking, and of course, drinking lots of beer. Our vacation just simply could not have been any better. It was so great to see Todd (Oh, how I missed his humor) and his family (his brother and sister-in-law were also down), as well as some of their extended family and friends that we've gotten to know over the past few years. I even got quite a tan down there, and to top it off, I got a few more gazillion bites of some sort there too! Some additional highlights of the Ozarks included Jeff's comments at dinner on Thursday night ("I love you" to the bus boy amongst other crazy comments) and watching the SNL Best of Will Farrell ("You win... You always do...."), which I'm still laughing about now. Anyways, it was a lot of fun, and I really didn't want to leave!

We left Sunday morning from the Ozarks, for a marathon drive through Missouri, Kansas, and finally half of Colorado to make it back home by 9pm. If you ever think your cat doesn't like you, leave him for 10 days (don't worry, I had someone watching him) and come back. He won't leave your side. Mikey has been meowing and rubbing up against us, and slept right by me and won't leave our sides now! Ah, and it is so nice to be back in the humid-free climate of Colorado. How I missed thee.

Well, I must get some work done and catch up on all my emails from the past week.

No comments: