Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Death to Sofrito!

Yes! Finally! Evette got kicked off of The Next Food Network Star! I must say, though, that this week I had just about enough of Carissa, and when it came down to the end of the show with Carissa and Evette left, I was secretly hoping Evette might stay another week. I was thinking, perhaps Evette could teach me one additional dish that I could add sofrito to... Or maybe I wouldn't mind looking at her adorable brace-filled smile for one more episode. And I really did like her cute accent and the way she rolled her r's so elegantly... Carissa, aka "the yummy chef", really annoys me because when she's giving her demos she doesn't know what to say and just talks in circles about pointless things using adjectives that are inappropriate and little sayings that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. It truly is painful watching her do her demos. I guess I just have to hope Carissa gets sent home next week. Now, I have to say I DO actually like some of the contestants, though you might not know about that due to the amount of bitching I do about the ones I hate. First of all, Andy... He's quiet but not too quiet, a really good chef, and you can tell he's just a really good guy. Then there is Reggie. Reggie is just a big teddy bear and has such a great sense of humor. I hope he goes all the way.

More reality tv news... The Amazing Race has moved to Wednesdays. I am quite disappointed with this, as this change occurs the first week of the season for Kickball, which I also have on Wednesdays. Damn those CBS decision makers. They have ruined my weekly tv-watching plans.

No comments: