Thursday, April 06, 2006

If you don't catch the ball, stop it!

Wise words from Bill at our first kickball game of the season last night. Despite crazily fast winds and threatening storms in the not-so-far distance, we played a good game. Lost, but it was still fun. The first inning was a little rough, but I think we got back into the swing of things, after having too many months without practice. Rich had a couple fantasticly glorious plays including a dive-catch and winning the beer chug-off before the game (in lieu of a coin toss, a member from each team chugs a beer, and whoever finishes first gets to be the home team). I even had a couple plays that contributed to outs. They should have been easy catches, but with the sun in my eyes and just being a spaz in general, I didn't get a full grasp on the ball, BUT... I did stop the balls and managed to throw them to base.

No comments: