Monday, April 10, 2006

V for Very good weekend.

Again, the weather this weekend was absolutely beautiful. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping it continues to be this amazingly gorgeous through next weekend, as my parents are coming in town. Over the weekend, I saw V for Vendetta. Quite a good little flick despite containing some cheesy moments. On the other end of the spectrum, King Kong... Oh, where to begin. Let's just say I'm very sad I'll never get those 3 hours of my life back. Okay, it really wasn't THAT bad... Wait, it really was. Aside from movie watching, I had some delicious margs at Que Bueno, a Mexican restaurant at the Promenade that I had never tried before. With the weather being as great as it was, we ate outside and feasted on some good Mexican food and a pitcher of margs. Life just doesn't get any better than that. ;) Oh, and they even had this fantastic chip and salsa contraption. A plate fits on the bottom that holds the chips, then this thing protrudes up from one side and over the plate, holding three different salsas. That's a terrible description, but trust me, it's wicked cool.

The Next Food Network Star Update: Much to my chagrin, Carissa, the yummy chef, has made the cut again, and is continuing on in the competition. This week, Andy got cut. He definitely isn't my favorite, but I sure did like him more than Carissa. Thank goodness Reggie is still going strong.

With less than two weeks until my big move, I have been feverishly packing and painting and organizing. I feel like I already have a ton packed, but it seems like the house is still pretty full. My parents are coming out this weekend for Easter and to bring a few of my things to me, so I'm really trying to have the majority of my packing done before then. I don't have too many things planned for the weekend, but we will be having Easter brunch at the Brown Palace Hotel. I'm very excited about that, as it's a champagne brunch and there is a chocolate fountain. Well, as I'm writing this, I'm thinking about how it's already Monday night, and my guests will be arriving in 4 short days, so I must get back to work...

No comments: