Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Back home again...

My whole weekend in Chicago was great. It was extremely busy, but I got in most of what I wanted to do, including eating Portillo's, Papa's Pizza, and (shhh...) White Castle. Thursday and Friday I spent with my mom choosing interior stuff for the new house they are building, while Saturday, our appointment was for the exterior brick and siding.

Friday night, Jen came over and we ordered in Papa's Pizza and my mom made some yummy margs. Later on in the evening, we headed over to Bennigan's to see Jen's parents and to have a drink there, it was great to see them. Even later on in the night, more like very early in the morning, Jen and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for one last beer where I got hit on by some drunk 22 year old that was horribly slurring his speech and I was literally laughing in his face. For some reason, every time I go to that BWW something hilarious like that happens. Either that or I see someone from High School that I really didn't want to see.

Saturday night I headed downtown to meet up with Todd and Kristin. We had some drinks at Todd's place and somehow got sucked into watching (rather intently) "Long Island Lolita," the Buttafuco story. It was quite funny because we all sort of were joking around when we put that on, but then mysteriously, we all sat there, till basically the end of the movie, truly watching the whole thing. I think Rich probably even stuck out the last 10 minutes and saw the entire masterpiece. Anyways, we left to go to Todd's new favorite bar, the Hungry Brain, and I think it is now my favorite bar in Chicago. We had a great time and before I knew it, it was 1am and I was heading back to the brook. Since I didn't have a 'real' dinner that night, I decided this was the most opportune time to grab some White Castle sliders for a midnight snack.

On Sunday, my flight back to Denver was mid-afternoon, so with the limited time, my mom made a nice Father's Day brunch and we took it easy. My travels home were rather uneventful, I enjoyed about 6 glasses of wine on the plane since it was free (and also these glasses are like shot-glass sized) and a lovely Chicken Salad sandwich. Gotta love first class.

Lola was so happy when I got home. She spent the night purring and meowing and just sticking by my side. It's cooled down the slightest here, so instead of being over 100 degrees, it's like 92-95, a welcome cool-down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was good ta see ya...OVAH HEEEYA!