Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Full House

Last night I went to play poker with Danielle and had the best poker playing night ever. I've only played about 4 times, but proved that I may have a bit of Texas Hold'em talent in my bones. The first hand I won, I was a bit shaky, since I don't play that often and am not sure of myself. I looked at the cards on the table and what I had in my hand and was like, "ok, this is looking pretty decent." Turned out I won the hand, with a full house... Nice! But what had everyone rolling was I say, "Oh, I thought I just had a pair and three of a kind!" Realizing what an idiot I sounded like, I turned 5 shades of red and laughed till there were tears in my eyes. Everyone else was laughing too, and I pretty much never lived that statement down the rest of the night.

Another good hand I had was what I like to call a Royal Straight. It's really an Ace-high Straight, but I prefer my name. Sounds fancier. Anyways, that was just luck, I got the Ace on the river and took some poor soul out on that hand. Sweet! So, at first I was excited that I wasn't the first one eliminated from my table, then I was excited that tables were starting to be merged... THEN, I made it to the final table! I couldn't believe it. Anyways, I ended up coming in 4th, and with the amount of people that play there, I was very proud of myself that I made it that far. Go me. ;)

No comments: