Saturday, June 03, 2006

Two-steppin'

After an amazing vacation in Hawaii, I came home for 1 day and then had to head back to the airport for a business trip to Dallas. This trip turned out to be a complete disaster in many ways, but also was a lot of fun and very productive. Let's start with the bad stuff... First, on the plane I took a nap, awoke and all of a sudden started feeling like I was going to pass out. The man sitting next to me, blocking me in, was fast asleep and I couldn't ask him for help. I started looking around the plane and everything begun to turn black. Just as I mustered enough energy up to hit the flight attendent button (all the while wondering what they could even do for me), I leaned forward, rested my head on the seat in front of me and with the air conditioning hitting the back of my neck, started feeling miraculously better. I was so relieved that I didn't actually pass out. After arriving in Dallas, I'm walking off of the plane and on the jetway to the gate I totally fell on my face. Well, my face never hit the ground, but I fell forward dropping all of my bags and making a total scene. That was fun. So, I get to the hotel finally and hop in a cab to go to downtown Dallas to meet up with my dad, as he was in Dallas on business too. ON the drive down to downtown Dallas, what happens?? The freaking taxi gets a flat tire! We're on the tollway and had to wait 15 minutes or so (felt like an eternity) for someone to come fix the flat and then I finally got downtown, eventually.

The rest of the trip was fairly uneventful, thankfully. It was great to meet some of our new employees and also to just work with everyone in person for a couple days. We had a happy hour with our ad agency on Thursday night at Mi Cocina, my favorite Mexican restaurant in Dallas. Well, I guess it's the only one I've been to in Dallas, but they have killer margs and great food.

I arrive home last night and was so happy to sleep in my own bed and just be home. This morning I'm getting a delivery. More on that later. :)

No comments: