Monday, July 17, 2006

Rockies and Fireworks

On the 3rd of July, Brian, his brother (Steve), Danielle, and I went to the Colorado Rockies game to watch them play and then afterwards see the fireworks. The game was lots of fun and the fireworks were even better. They had such a fantastic fireworks show, I was really impressed and surprised at how good it was. We had excellent seats for viewing the fireworks (though if we would have gotten Rock Pile seats we would have gotten to move down to the field for the fireworks show) and drank lots of beer and have a great time.

Danielle and I at the Rockies Game:


Brian and I at the Game:


After the game and fireworks, we headed over the LoDo where we saw the Real World house (they are filming in Denver now) and went to a cowboy bar of some sort that was surprisingly popular. Danielle knew the bartender so we got in free and then got one too many free drinks there. How do I know I had one too many free drinks?? Oh yes, because the next morning I was writhing in hangover pain and thought I was going to die.

Oh and I must mention... So, Steve (Brian's brother) is from NYC and just couldn't imagine why anyone would want to live in Colorado (especially those 'weirdos' who live up in the mountains). He thought it was pretty boring with not much to do and full of hicks and serial killers (those are the ones living out in the middle of nowhere or in the mountains). So I thought it quite funny that the one night we go out downtown, we take him to a bar with line dancing and people in cowboy hats. Way to prove him wrong. ;)

No comments: