Sunday, January 28, 2007

And I'm off...

Early tomorrow morning I'll be driving to the airport to begin my very first intercontinental trip. I'll be flying to Los Angeles first, where I will be meeting up with my boss, and then we'll be flying together to Hong Kong. The flight is enormously long- 15 hours, but thankfully Cathay Pacific offers free drinks in coach, so hopefully I'll be able to have a couple of glasses of wine and sleep a bit.

I've been having numerous nightmares about this trip. Well, I can't say they're nightmares, but more little anxiety attack dreams. The recurring theme in all is that I forget something. Mainly, I forget a book to bring on the plane and so I'm left sitting there with nothing to do for half of a day. Even if I really do forget to bring a book (I already have 3 packed in my carry-on), each seat has its own TV with movies and whatnot, so I don't know what I'm freaking out about. In another dream, I forget my passport... And in another, the cords to my laptop. I'm such a worrier!

I'm about 90% done with packing now, just am charging up all of my electronic devices and then those will get packed up and I'll be all ready. My flight is at 6:20am, so I'll be up and going really early in the morning and want everything in its place before I go to bed tonight. I seriously can't believe it's almost 5pm now. I am still in my pj's and feel like I haven't done much today even though I've been running around like a crazy woman packing and printing stuff out for our meeting.

Anyways, not sure what sort of access I will have to the internet while I am there, or if I will have a lot of free time or virtually none, so if I am unable to post during my trip, I promise a post full of photos and tales upon my return to the states!

No comments: