Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Here at last.

Last night we arrived in Hong Kong at about 7pm local time. After getting through immigration, we found the hotel desk at the airport and grabbed a car to our hotel. We arrived at the hotel in a nice Mercedes Benz and were greeted outside by name and ushered in to check in. After arriving in my room, I immediately checked out the view- it's great! I have a view of the city, Victoria Harbor, and Hong Kong Island. Everything was all lit up and it looked awesome.

The room is great, though the bed is a little hard... The toiletries in the bathroom are awesome- they have everything from shower gel to bath salts to shaving cream and razors. I could have just showed up here with clothes and been all set. After my luggage was delivered, a few minutes later, housekeeping stopped by to turn down my bed and brought me hot tea and fresh oranges. The tea was in this little wicker basket holder, it had an awesome teapot and two little tea cups. Very cool. AND the tea was probably the best I've ever had. Since it was about 5am Denver time, I called it a night, and got to bed around 11pm Hong Kong time.

My body clock was all sorts of off and I woke up at 330am. I got up and tried to entertain myself, but was unable because the electricity was off. Apparently, the hotel was conducting annual maintenance to the electrical switchboards and had turned off all power overnight. I have no clue why or for what or whatever, but it forced me to lay back down and i was able to sleep a few more hours. I woke up for good around 630am and am now sitting here ready to go. I'm just waiting on Chris to finish working out and getting ready, then we're going to go to lunch. We may even get to do a little bit of exploring this afternoon.

I have to say I feel a bit hungover or something. I suppose because it's really 630pm in Denver and I'm trying to feel like it's the morning.

I decided to iron some of my clothes this morning while I'm waiting for Chris and apparently here in China, they have super powered irons. I had the iron on the highest setting, which I usually do at home when ironing my dress shirts. So I finish ironing one, and move on to the next. I notice that the shirt is changing colors a bit when I'm ironing the collar, not something that caused me too much worry, as some fabrics do that. Then I move on to the sleeve. Well, it's doing the same thing and I pick it up only to discover that the two sides of the sleeve have fused together! I melted my shirt together. I try very gently to pull it apart. But I have no luck, it totally tears! I couldn't believe it, all I could do was laugh. Damn Banana Republic Outlet shirts! Luckily I brought more than enough clothes with me.

Oh my gosh, I totally feel like I need a nap right now! This isn't right! Well, more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you "pack" that cute little tea set??

K said...

Sounds awesome!

Girl, I'm living vicariously through you right now from cold, gray Chicago.