Saturday, January 13, 2007

Christmas

Anyways, where did I leave off? Oh yes, so I finally made it to Chicago on Christmas Eve night. My parents picked me up from the airport and we headed to their new house in Lily Lake. I spent Christmas Eve exploring their new home, drinking wine, and snacking on some cheese. We stayed up late catching up and I think I finally got in bed about 2am, after talking to Brian while he was stuck in Dallas on a cot to sleep for the night. :(

Christmas morning we woke up early to go to church, then came back for breakfast and to open presents. We spent the rest of the early afternoon making food for dinner, and then headed over to the LeDuc's for Christmas dinner and to spend the evening with them (and some delicious gingerbread martinis).

The day after Christmas my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came in to town; we spent the day catching up, drinking egg nog, and watching my nephew Jack's favorite movie, Cars, a bunch of times. That night, Jen came over for dinner and a little slumber party. We drank gingerbread martinis, apparently the drink of my Christmas in Chicago 2006 trip, caught up, had a delicious Italian dinner with everyone and all-in-all had a great night. It was so nice to see everyone that day, and I was so happy that Jen was able to postpone our original 'date' we had on Friday for Tuesday when my travel plans got totally goofed up by the crazy blizzard.

Unfortunately, Wednesday morning I woke up and had to start packing to go home. The trip to Chicago was entirely too short.

No comments: