Friday, January 19, 2007

Guess where I'm headed...

So, last week I just received word that I'll be heading to China the end of January for a week. I am beyond excited! I'll be traveling to Hong Kong and possibly taking a small day trip to Xiamen. We're meeting with Wal-Mart and our manufacturer over there that does our giftsets (everything else we have made in the US, don't yell at me, all you crazy 'buy American' people out there). So, the past week I've been working on getting my visa (just came back to me today!), making travel arrangements, and reserving meeting rooms and all of that fun stuff.

I know I'll be busy over there, but I had to laugh when I found out the one main appointment I am going over there for is a 45 minute meeting. So essentially I'm heading over to China for a 45 minute meeting. But, really, I'm sure there will be a lot of prepping and possibly follow up. My boss wants me to go with him to assist him, as well as to get acquainted with the people we work with there, as in the future I may be our China liaison. Fun stuff.

I'm going from never leaving the country to traveling clear across the globe- I can't believe it!

This year is certainly going to be one crazy year... After my China trip, we're heading to Baltimore for a wedding. Then we have 3 more weddings out of state after that, before our own! Thankfully the last wedding we have to travel for is the end of June, so we'll have a little bit of downtime before our big day.

Wedding plans are coming along. We have almost all of the major vendors booked now. The only major ones left are the DJ and florist, and we're in the process of meeting with them this week and next. I feel really good now that almost all of the big stuff is taken care of.

My mom is coming out the end of February, so it'll be great to have her here to help me out with some little things and I'm so excited to show her the reception site. We'll also be doing one of the best tastings while she's here... the cake tasting. YUM!

1 comment:

K said...

That's so awesome about going to Hong Kong and China, lucky girl!

I love Hong Kong the most.

You have to eat lots of yummy Chinese food for me.