Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The journey-Continued.

More than halfway to China. In fact, I've been on the plane for nearly 10 hours now- less than 5 to go!

In the past 10 hours, I've taken a couple of naps, read the airline's magazine, had several snacks- including cup of noodle, a mini sandwich, and a few glasses of wine, I'm almost done reading "Wicked", and I watched "The Departed." Amazing what you can get done when you're help captive for almost a full day in a 2x2 foot area!

The airplane is actually quite comfortable. The flight attendants are extremely friendly and are more than happy to get you a drink or snack. In addition, they have refreshment areas set up in a few areas on the plane where you can just go and refull your drink, grab a snack, and sit back down. It's actually quite convenient and allows me to get up and walk around a bit.

I have to say, I really have lost track of time. The shades on the windows are all down, so it feels like night. Though after my couple of naps, I'm quite awake. According to the satellite map, we are somewhere over Japan. Actually we're right over Tokyo now. It really amazes me we still have five hours to go. I guess it also baffles me and more accurately, embarrasses me that I have such little world geography knowledge!

So let's see, currently it's 10:52pm in Denver, 1:52pm (Tuesday!) in Hong Kong, and God knows what time it is on this plane! By the time I land in Hong Kong and get to the hotel, it'll be the middle of the night, Denver time. Making that even worse is the fact that I got up at 3am to begin this journey!

We're staying at the Shangri-La Kowloon, which is across from Hong Kong Island and is supposed to have amazing views of the skyline and Victoria Bay. The area of Kowloon we're in is Tsim-Somthing-Tsai or something like that. I did VERY little research for the trip which I'm somewhat regretting now as it seems we'll have some free time here. Oh well- thank goodness for internet access and google!

No comments: