Thursday, March 23, 2006

Adventures with Mommy

Saturday night, my mom arrived from Chicago and apparently brought the dismal, grey Chicago weather with her. It seems to be that every time she comes to visit, she does not get to enjoy the wonderful weather that Denver constantly brags about and she never gets to see the mountains. After picking her up from the airport, I brought her to a little Irish pub for some pints and appetizers. We spent her time out here apartment hunting, shopping, eating, and of course drinking. We had a fun night at Fado with Clancy boys. Got to introduce my mom to some loud, Irish drinking songs and even showed off my skills on the drum up on stage. As always, it was a blast at Fado. And I even got a cool T-shirt for playing the drum. Gosh, it seems like so long ago that she was here now, I started writing this post last week but have been so busy with various things that I never got around to finish. We also went to Boulder for lunch one day, watched the Sopranos, watched The Amazing Race, had High Tea at the Brown Palace Hotel, watched more TV, packed, had coffee with Danielle, and there's got to be lots more. The week went by too fast. Good news is, both of my parents are coming out here for Easter, so I will get to see both of them in no time!

No comments: