Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The week in review...

Yes, this week has proved to be quite a good week in reality TV. First, on The Next Food Network Star (yes, I DO watch it and yes, I DO like it), my least favorite contestant got the boot. She was just such a... drip. That's a bad descriptor word, but really, I can not think of any other way to describe her. She lacked emotion and all she wanted to cook was 'healthy' food. What a bore. Oh, and then there's Evette... Sweatheart, seriously tone down your latin flavor... I'm all about ethnic cooking, but if I have to hear about sofrito one more time... She uses it in EVERYTHING. Even in her "Tortilla de Papa y Carne de Cerdo con Espinaca" which she made this week. What's that, you ask? Oh, apparently that's spanish for Omelet. On the other hand, Evette is adorable and everything she makes really does look good and looks pretty darn easy as well. Then, on The Amazing Race, the 'pinks' got kicked off. All I have to say about that is it was about time; I wasn't sure if I could bear another week of watching these girls with their annoying accents and all-pink clothing and their boy-crazy talk. Next week, I hope the old people arrive on the mat last.

Aside from television watching, I really have been keeping busy. I have packed up a ton of my stuff and have been trying to organize a bit so I'm ready for my move. I can't believe I'll be in my new place in just about 3 weeks. I've also been pretty busy with my work too, which I'm actually working on late tonight, in hopes that I don't have too much to do over the weekend. Well, really hoping to not have to work at all over the weekend.

In blogging news, my dear friend, Todd, has finally started a blog in which he'll be posting his rants about people who 'annoy' him. I'll post the link to his blog shortly. I eagerly await reading his tirades, as he infuses his writing with a level of hilarity I can only dream of matching... Also, a warning: this blog may not be the one for reading at work; profanities abound and are actually part of the URL.

1 comment:

T said...

yeah, seriously, blog spammers can get fucked.

I noticed when I was setting up my blog that you can turn on this "word verification" dealie where, much like when you buy a ticket from ticketmaster, before you can post a comment they put up and image with a word in it, and you have to type out the word you see. that would probably help you out.