Monday, March 27, 2006

Mamma Mia!

Had such a great weekend. Not only was the weather amazing, but on Friday I proved my "Boggle Queen" title by beating my challenger, Brian, almost by double. That's right. I believe the final score was something around 117 (me) to 59 (Brian). I was especially proud of my score (and perhaps gloated a BIT too much) since Brian is such a smarty-pants. He may be king of triva, but I remain reigning queen of boggle.

Saturday was even more beautiful than Friday- I even got some sun- and I mean I had tan lines where my shirt was! Almost forgot to mention, I found an apartment. It's a nice two bedroom place in Arvada; close to the city, really close to Danielle. ;) I really like the location and am very excited to have a place to call my own. Saturday night I had the pleasure of seeing Mamma Mia! at the Buell Theater. Danielle, Bill, Brian, and I had a great dinner at Vesta Dipping Grill beforehand. Danielle introduced us all to Endamame, which are soy beans doused in salt- sooo yummy. Bill refused to eat them because they were covered in salt and he claimed it would make his taste buds explode; I didn't listen. I ate a bunch of them and later that night realized that some of my tastebuds had indeed exploded... For dinner, I had seared tuna that was accompanied by 3 tasty dipping sauces. I have been wanting seared tuna for so long. Last time I had it was probably over a year ago at Branmor's (which I highly recommend getting it there as well). The only thing I can suggest is order it rare- I ordered it medium-rare thanks to the suggestion of our high-as-a-kite waiter, but really had wished I just got it rare. It was still super good and tasty though. I also tried duck for the first time, which is what Danielle had- very yummy as well.

After dinner, we saw Mamma Mia, which was fantastic. It has been so long since I have been to the theater- I think the last time was in college when I saw Les Miserables. And I saw in the program that Sweet Charity is coming here next winter with Molly Ringwald starring- I have GOT to see that! It is quite odd here, though, the wide variety of clothing people darn for the theater. I saw everything from flip flops and jeans to sparkly evening dresses. Next time I go, I'm wearing my party dress.

Following Mamma Mia, we went to Corridor 44 (or is it 45?), a champagne bar in Larimer Square. It's a really cool bar and they have all of these yummy champagne cocktails. Think martini's but instead of vodka or gin as the main ingredient, substitute champagne. For example, I had one called a Raspberry Truffle that had champagne, Godiva Liqueur, and raspberry vodka- very yummy. Overall, it was a fantastic night. OH! and how could I almost forget to mention- on the way home, we took the HOV lanes on 25, (my first time) to truly make it a night I'll never forget.

No comments: