Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Cold again.

So, the past week has been dominated by snow and wind and chilly temperatures. I hate it. I have been so extremely spoiled by Denver's weather that when we actually get winter weather in winter (who would have thought?) I get all sorts of crabby. I have to say today it was in the low-50s, which would have been great, but there were horrible winds that totally ruined it all.

Anyone watch The Apprentice? On this week's episode, did anyone happen to notice the stack of 6 bagel halves that Brent prepared with cream cheese and then proceeded to eat? I loved how the cameras zoomed in on the stack of bagels. I also love how everyone hates Brent.

I guess it's been a while since I've written... This weekend was cold, so stayed in quite a bit. But, I am now a stout beer aficionado. Well, at least that what I like to think. Went to an Irish pub in Boulder and taste tested Guinness vs. Murphy's. And ... the verdict is... I like Murphy's better. I still like Guinness but I think I like the taste of the Murphy's a little more. Anyways, now I am ready for blind taste testing.

On a sour, very sour note, my laptop went all ape-shit on me two days ago, and I ended up having to reload the whole darn thing and starting anew. Spent an afternoon waiting for my Apple Genius Bar appointment, only to get called up to the bar, and apparently I (emphasis on "I") fixed the problem. I guess I'm an apple genius now too. The genius (might I add he was wearing a kilt- a utilikilt!) I was working with at the apple store offered me an application. Of course jokingly offered it, because the geniuses there are quite pompous and higher-than-thou geniuses. They like using words and phrases like "kernel panic" and "catalog hierarchy". Anyways, I'm still having issues with my applications working correctly, but have my old desktop up and running now, so I've been tediously working between my laptop, desktop, external hard drive, and back up CD's. It looks like Apple threw up all over my table. After spending all day trying to fix things AND get some work done, I realized at 930pm that I was still sitting there in my pj's and it was time to take a shower and relax for the rest of the night. So, I'm currently drinking a Budweiser and catching up on my TV shows.

I am sooooooo excited for the upcoming holiday this weekend. It is St. Patrick's Day and for the first time ever, I have a party to attend. Can you believe an Irish girl like myself has never had a St. Patrick's Day party to attend or host? Well, it's true. I will be eating some yummy Shepherd's Pie and Irish Soda bread, as well as numerous other Irish treats, I'm sure, and, did I mention, beer?? I'm so excited. You just can not beat a combination of potatoes, beer, and soda bread.

THEN, on Saturday, my mom is coming for a little visit. I have lots of fun things planned for her visit including an evening at Fado's to sing-along with my Clancy boys, High Tea at the Brown Palace Hotel, and I will finally take her to my beloved city, Boulder.

Other than the computer angst, my week has been flying by. I have been looking for apartments, which I have realized is a totally daunting task, especially when you aren't really sure if you want to become a city-chick or stay a suburbanite.

No comments: