Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Busy as a bee

Ah yes, similies. Takes me back to grade school and thinking up countless similies and then in turn, learning about metaphors, and then determining the difference between the two. (Remember the 'like' and 'as'???) Interestingly, it was brought to my attention a few weeks back that wikipedia has a fabulous entry on similies. Might I share with you some similies regarding the act of being busy. Or getting busy? Either way, here they are (courtesy of wikipedia):

busier than a cat covering shit on a tile floor
busier than a one-armed paper hanger
busier than a one-legged man in an ass kickin contest
busy as a bull's ass in fly season
busy as a beaver
busy as a cat covering shit on a hot tin roof
busy as a cat on a hot tin roof
busy as a one-armed barber with the hives

I have to say, I had never heard of these cat covering shit ones. Though they make me laugh outloud. Almost as funny as Todd's "can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a ______" sayings. And maybe someone can explain the one-armed paper hanger to me, i don't quite get that one.


TV reviews of the day:

Watched portions of American Idol tonight: disappointing. Not nearly as good as previous auditions. Also watched a bit of Love Monkey: looks promising. Currently watching a show about the Denver Film Festival that is outlining some cool docs and indie films. One of note: "Combover: The Movie" this looks absolutely hilarious.

Oh, so the whole similie thing was brought on because I was very busy today. I mean, not too busy, but busy enough to work late and feel like I needed to write some lists to remind me of things. Aside from working today, I've been tending to the needs of my, as of late, very 'needy' cat. Instead of having my laptop on my lap, Mikey is on my lap purring away and looking especially cute with one paw over his eyes and his one black whisker quite evident. Also, had a fantastic lunch with my friend, Brian, at one of the pho restaurants by my place. This was my first time having pho and it was quite delicious. Kristin, I know you'll be so proud and happy of me to have finally tried this lovely bowl of goodness. (Post)Preamble: After moving here and exploring the area, I was baffled by the number of pho restaurants. They are all called "Pho ##"-insert a couple numbers or three after the pho. It's most definitely hard to keep them straight and quite a quandry for a little suburban white girl like myself to figure out. Thus, I asked my very knowledgable and hip, city-living friend, Kristin, to fill me in and she so graciously told me about it and told me I HAD to have it. Well, that was many moons ago, but more importantly, I have finally eaten pho. While on the subject of food, had a salad with that garlic-lemon dressing on it and a piece of garlic-cheese bread for dinner. Soo yummy.

So, I must confess, I've been having dreams about Tony Soprano. Not those kind of dreams. Just dreams with him in it.

My oh my, the mutt (aka Mikey) has some kicking kitty breath. What does one do about kitty breath? They make no kitty toothbrushes. And, quite ironically, I had given him some "Tartar Control" kitty treats a couple hours ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to start up a pho restaurant called "PHO Q."

The one time I went with Kristin to get pho, I could only eat like 20% of the enormous bowl they laid out in front of me. I was ashamed.

K said...

Yay, I'm so glad that you finally tried the lovely and wonderful pho! I found a new yummy place here in Chicago called Tank Pho (v. violent!) so we all need to go there some time. My mom even gave it a thumb's up.

Anonymous said...

They actually DO make kitty toothbrushes. I think you can get them from your vet. Barb Nelson told me about them. They are almost like those Crest Brush-Ups (I think that's what they're called). You slip it on your finger and then brush their teeth for them. That's all I got.

jlp

Jackie said...

I love the pho q- that's fantastic!