Monday, January 23, 2006

Chasing the Sunset

Drove back the 990 miles to Denver today... Took about 13 hours driving time, 14 hours with stops. Not too bad, especially since I don't drive that terribly fast. Oh and I think I deserve a nice white-trash trucker hat; I drove the entire drive back. Highlights of the drive included the "World's Largest Truck Stop: Iowa 80" and eating some taco bell in the town where John Wayne was born.

You know how painful it is driving west while the sun is setting? I felt like it took about 3 hours for the sun to really set. After the sun did set, though, I really despise driving at night. With my glasses or not, I still feel like I can't see as much as I want. Luckily, on 76 into Denver, the road was pretty much dead, so I had the highbeams going to help me out. Anyways, made it back safe and sound and Mikey is so happy to see us.

Well, I'm off to watch some more Soprano's...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Passat Carl did not fail you for your trip.