Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hot Dog!

I finally reached the mecca of hot dogdom... Hot Doug's. If you have a thing for encased meats, this is the place to be. I've heard of this place many times before, and my friend Todd talked so highly of it in the past, so when we went downtown to visit him and Kristin, we made a pilgrimage to the 'The Sausage Superstore and Encased Meat Emporium'. Kristin was there a while back when foodtv was taping a special about it. She got to taste a few different dogs/sausages and was on TV. Well, it's an interent only show, but still way cool! I'll try to find the link to it to post. Anyways, you know if foodtv was there, it's gotta be cool. I ended up getting a Chicago Dog with all the fixings and some Duck Fat fries. YUM. Haven't been feeling too hot lately, but got to taste a bit of both and both were delicious.

Saturday night, went out with some friends to the Bolingbrook Golf Club bar. Now, out in suburbia, it's quite a task to find a decent bar that you aren't going to see all the people you went to high school with that you never wanted to see again. Typically, I'll hit up the 10th hole pub that is basically within crawling distance from my parents house, but there I usually bump into people from HS, or their parents. The other choices in this town are chain restuarants or crazy, white trash townie bars. The Golf Club is at Bolingbrook's new golf course and the Clubhouse is absolutely beautiful. The upstairs is like a reception hall and the downstairs is a bar/grill. It's kind of funny because you have everyone from me in my jeans to people who were at an event upstairs in formal gowns. I have to say, though, that the golf club is now my favorite. (Though 10th hole pub will always be a standard...)

1 comment:

K said...

Great to have seen you guys this weekend, girl