Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Birthday, MLK...

Had quite a fun weekend. Watched some Cary Grant movies, ate some yummy Italian food at a restaurant in Boulder, did a little shopping (or more appropriately, window shopping since I didn't buy anything), and spent yesterday in my pj's relaxing and also doing some work. I went to this restaurant in Boulder with my neighbor on Saturday for lunch, Pasta Jay's. It's a pretty low-key restaurant, very casual, and very yummy. Had a house salad with gorgonzola cheese, their complimentary (and delicious) garlic bread, and we split their special, stuffed portabella mushroom. Envision this: a bed of spaghetti drenched with a creamy tomato sauce, topped with a huge portabella muschroom, which is stuffed with a mixture of spinach, chicken, and ricotta cheese. THEN, on top of all this, more of their yummy creamy tomato sauce. It was divine!

It's been so hectic with work lately, I feel like I have not gotten a chance to email or call anyone in days, so I apologize for that, if anyone feels like I've been MIA!

This week, I'm enjoying having the house and Mikey to myself while Rob is in Toronto. Although as much as I love having some alone time, I do find myself a little bored. But I chalk that up to having 1/2 the laundry to do and not cooking meals every day! Been enjoying some Kraft mac and cheese, frozen egg rolls, and cheerios. Lots of cheerios. I think if I had to eat the same thing everyday for 2 out of 3 meals, I would choose cheerios, or just cereal in general. You get your dairy, whole grains, vitamins, since isn't most cereal fortified?, and in my case, a tiny bit of sugar to make your day sweet.

This Thursday, I am heading back to Chicago to collect my car. Yippee-skippy. I am thrilled to be bringing my car out here to enjoy the sunny state of Colorado. Since Rob will be in Chicago already, we'll spend the weekend there and drive back to Colorado on Monday. During this cross country drive, I hope to actually see the sign that announce the time change. See, on our drive out here when we were moving, I was following Rob, who was driving a huge U-Haul truck, and couldn't see any street signs until I had nearly passed them, so I missed the sign on that trip. Then, in the summer, when we drove to St. Louis, I somehow missed the sign again. On the way back home from that trip, I missed it again. I seriously don't know if it exists. Perhaps Rob is just screwing with me! But this time, I'm going to have my eyes wide open.

Since I've talked so much about my love of the Italian bakery, D. Palmieri's, in Rhode Island, I will continue to harp on those treats my mom sent me. I'm still enjoying the wine biscuits and the frosted egg biscuits with my hot tea. And I'm determined to bake some myself. I found a recipe for both items and think that I may test out one of the recipes this week.

OH my.... Wife Swap. Has anyone seen this show? I thought Trading Spouses was bad. This is so much more horribly worse. (Is that possible?) Also speaking of bad TV, the new season of American Idol starts tomorrow. I'm pumped, the first few episodes of all the auditions are usually hilarious.

No comments: