Thursday, January 19, 2006

Productive? Me? Yes.

Yesterday, I finally took down the candy cane decorations on the balcony. It felt great to cross that one off my list. Plus it was a gorgeous day- near 60 degrees and sunny, though horribly windy (80 mph wind gusts in Boulder). I also took off the red wribbon on my wreath on the front door. I was having a hard time parting with my twelve dollar home depot wreath, so I figured taking the red wribbon off would be the solution to elimination of the 'you still have Christmas decorations up???' comments.

As for work... Sent three semi-large projects off to print yesterday. It is always the best, yet most stressful, feeling to send something off like that. It's great because that means a project is off my plate, yet is stressful to me because, even though all art has been approved, I'm always worried about something going wrong in production. I never feel that 'sign of relief' until I get the production samples in the mail a few weeks later. That's just me being a worrywort, I suppose. Wonder how 'worrywort' originated. I sort of feel like an old lady for using that term, however Radiohead has a song entitled 'worrywort,' so that makes me feel better.

Well, I managed to pack all my clothes and shoes for my Chicago trip in my backpack. I must say I am quite proud of myself, and you should be proud of me as well, if you've ever seen how I have traveled in the past! I'm heading off this afternoon for the airport and flying Southwest into Midway (eek!). Will be spending the weekend there, then driving back to Denver on Monday. Can't wait to drive my car and I think now that I am keeping it, I must give my Passat a name. I'm not quite sure why I never named him (or her??); however, I have always named previous cars. My first car was Abe the Accord, he was trusted and true, just as his name implies... Then came George. He was a CRV, and for some reason I named him after the salesman that I purchased the car from. I think I was quite fond of George (the salesman, not the car, though I was fond of the car as well) because he wore a nice suit and very nice shoes. They must have been Italian or something. George the car, on the other hand, though I liked him at first, he was missing something. I think, perhaps, I am just a car person, and not a mock-SUV girl. So, point being, anyone have some suggestions on names for my Passat? Maybe I'll have a naming ceremony and party for my car upon his/her arrival to Colorado.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have some suggestions for naming your car:

El Presidente Passato
Passat-a-tat-tat on thatazz
Passat Carl
Passatbot
VWW II
Knife Car

Jackie said...

I think right now, passatbot is my favorite... Good suggestions, todd! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for passat carl.