Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Anticipation...

Aloha! I am sooooo super psyched, as I am leaving for Hawaii tomorrow morning. My bags are packed, actually they have been since before the weekend! More Hawaii details when I get back, but for now, I want to share with you my amazing birthday weekend!

Friday night, Danielle, Matt, Brian and I went for dinner at a little Greek restaurant where I dined on gyros and saganaki and drank roditis. After dinner, we went to the show I've been waiting years to see... Smoking Popes! It was amazing. They played at a super cool venue, a pretty small old theater called the Bluebird Theater. And they were awesome. It wasn't as packed as I thought it would have been, but that meant I got to stand up really close and it was just great. After the show we went to this awesome little dive-ish bar across the way where the ladies get a rose and everyone gets free shots. Sweet!

Saturday, my actual birhtday, was a little more low-key, with stops at Sonic, my favorite drive-in, and Baskin Robbins for some yummy birthday ice cream. Brian and I went to dinner at this great little Italian restaurant in Olde Town Arvada where I drank some Chianti and ate linguine with clam sauce. So good. Danielle met us there and we had some tiramisu. YUM!

So, one of Danielle's presents to me was a Boggle Gamefolio. It rules. It's a travel version of boggle, complete with an electronic timer, quiet plastic cover to the boggle grid so when you shake it, it does not annoy everyone in a 1 mile radius of you, and pencils/paper. So, I think most of you know my boggle addiction and my Queen of Boggle status... After dinner we came back to my apartment and the three of us prepared for a boggle-off. So, I'm kind of overly confident when it comes to boggle, since I normally beat my opponent by double the points most of the time. But I must say that playing with 3 people makes it much more difficult and both Danielle and Brian gave me a run for my money. After being in 3rd place for the first few rounds, I began working my way up in the standings, and alas I was victorious. Phew! That was really a close one. And I would have been especially upset if I would have lost on my birthday!

Sunday Matt, Brian, and I went to the Rockies game, getting there early to enjoy the half price beers at the Sandlot which apparently no longer exist because of some drunkards in Philly. I guess because there were people getting too drunk before the game, nationwide, the MLB has determined there will be no more half price beers. All I have to say is that is some major BS. Anyways, the game was fun, the Rockies won, and the highlight of my ballpark-eating was that I FINALLY got some Dippin' Dots. You know, the Ice Cream of the Future. It was quite tasty and I'm so happy I have finally experienced the ice cream of the future.

Well, I have to wrap up my work and finalize my packing and determine if I have enough to keep myself occupied for a 7 hour flight in my carry-on bag!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha!

K said...

Happy belated birthday, jackie! Hope that you're having a blast in hawaii, you lucky girl.