Monday, May 01, 2006

A long overdue update

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of packing, moving, cleaning, painting, and unpacking amongst other various things, which I shall try to briefly outline here. ;)

First of all, I moved into my new apartment over a week ago now. I hired movers, which helped the move go much smoother and faster than I could have ever expected. Danielle helped me unpack a ton of boxes the day of the move and I was well on my way to setting up the new apartment within just hours of the move. The rest of the weekend was spent unpacking and early on last week I actually had finished unpacking all of the boxes and am currently in the 'organization' phase now.

Last Sunday we went to see Bill Maher downtown at the Paramount Theater. It was really, really funny, I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. On Wednesday, we won our first kickball game of the season. It was a game full of emotion, and not all celebratory happiness. The team we played were hmmm... how can I describe them... cheaters? jerks? evil beings? Yes, most definitely all of the above. The ump didn't help, as it seemed she had to peak at a cheat sheet of the rules each and every time ANYTHING happened in the game. But, in the end, we maintained our lead and were victorious, so I guess that's all that matters.

Thursday night I went to the Nuggets playoff game with Brian, Danielle, Kimberly, and Matt and was introduced to the joys of bam-bams. Yes, those precious inflatable tubes that you bang together to make a lovely sound. Being my first time using bam-bams, I didn't quite get it at first, but thankfully I had Danielle, an experienced bam-bam user, to instruct me on how to get the most sound out of my bam-bams. The game was a blast- so much more fun than a regular season game, since the whole arena was full and undoubtedly the bam-bams contributed to the fun-level of the evening.

Over the weekend I pretty much took it easy. I enjoyed some fantastic New Mexican food and margs at Desiree's party celebrating Bill leaving the country. Perhaps I worded that incorrectly. We were not celebrating Bill leaving, but Desiree had a party for him since he left for Amsterdam for 3 months yesterday. He will be sorely missed, especially on Wednesday nights at kickball. Also took a nice drive in the mountains up through Coal Creek CaƱon and down through Nederland and Boulder, stopping by Chautauqua park on the way home.

This week I'm hoping to get my place a little bit more organized, as I'm hosting a fondue party in a couple weeks. Plus I have a ton of work to catch up on, and hopefully the Nuggets will win tonight so we can go to their next playoff game in Denver on Thursday. Earlier this morning I compiled a list of must-see/must-do in chicago for a friend who's going there in a couple weeks. Makes me miss the good food and the bars and the museums and everything there. Oh, and of course all my friends too! But, I don't think I'd trade the 75 degree sunny Denver weather and mountain views for anything!

No comments: