Friday, April 15, 2005

Cats + Daffodils = Puke

Upon our arrival home last night from a lovely trip to my favorite place, Super Wal-Mart, we heard shrill meows coming from Mikey. I mean, I have never heard a meow like this before. I run over to see him and he starts dry heaving then ultimately puts a nice 3 inch diameter pile of puke on our carpet. Mostly food, but I noticed some green stems... Yep, he must have been a bad kitty, up on the kitchen counter, munching on the beautiful basket of flowers my mom sent to us! The basket is mostly daffodils, so I searched online for "Daffodils and Cats" and sure enough, they make cats vomit amongst other things. Nothing too serious, and he's totally back to normal now, but cleaning up a big ol' pile of cat vomit is not my favorite thing to do! So, I run around the house, making sure there is no more puke, and don't find any, until I pick up my laptop, check my email, close it, and find a nice little dribble of vomit down the side of it. I mean, of all things, Mikey finds my laptop to throw up on!! Come on! No big deal, it's working just fine, I was just a little grossed out that I had it my lap for a while with puke on it...

Anyways, I have been really busy with work lately, thus the lack of blog updates... We're going to be painting that damn dining room wall AGAIN, because the 2nd color we put up there still sucks. We had home depot add tint to the original color, so maybe that'll work. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Last night we bought two types of DVD/CD storage shelves, and just our luck, neither one of them is going to work. So, I gotta go on a returning trip today. And our DVD's and CD's are still in lovely and attractive cardboard boxes till we can find something that'll work. UGH!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jackie, i feel so bad about Mikey. I almost sent you link to cats and bad plants yesterday but i was sure you'd be up on that. Do you think he learned his lesson?? love, MOM

Jackie said...

Nope, didn't learn his lesson at all- this morning, he hopped right onto the counter and was sniffing at the daffodils AGAIN!!! UGH!!!!!!