Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Office Space

Well, today I worked on getting my office set up. And, Comcast finally came, so we now have cable! Don't get me wrong, my life doesn't revolve around tv, but I do like to have more than 3 crappy options when I do turn the tv on! We have the MLB Extra Innings on the cable, so we're going to watch the cubbies play tonight! :)

I finally found out what we can do with our excessive amount of trash and boxes, so the house should be looking a little bit better and unpacked in the next few days. And I promise to either post or send some pictures of our place soon. Our goal is to get the place box-free and semi home-like by the weekend. So, hopefully we'll be able to have some fun this weekend. At least drive around and explore.

Tonight we went to Best Buy to get a bigger tv for our living room so we can respectfully watch the cubbies and the OC in the future... We were too spoiled by Todd's awesomely huge tv. So we're looking forward to that being delivered next Tuesday. Speaking of the OC, Tommy was super cool and awesome and gave me his OC Season 1 DVD's before we left (miss you tommy!!). Well, last night we watched 3 episodes (we started from the beginning, it just felt wrong to start from where we left off with watching with Tommy- wasn't it episode 24???). My eyes were all teary-eyed when the first "commercial" break hit (I think only Tommy, Todd, Rob and I would get that). But I turned to Rob and said it just felt so weird watching the OC without Tommy. When you coming to visit??? Anyways, I am super psyched because it's a new OC tomorrow. Yeah!! (I lied- my life DOES revolve around tv- anyone know when America's Next Top Model is on???)

Our friendly maintenance man, Roland, came by today (finally... though, not his fault). He lit the pilot light in our fireplace for us. When we first got here, we saw the pilot light lit in there and thought it was weird to have an open flame going 24-7, so I turned it off. But apparently that's how it works, so he relit it for us. And fixed our garage door remote. And gave us one of those turny things that turn the blinds opened and closed. Like you all care. I was excited. Point being, I'm sitting in my classy butterfly chair next to the fireplace watching the cubs (drinking a coors light- it's gotta be the state drink out here or something). Sweet.

Well, I didn't get much work done today because I was getting my office set up, so I should get some done now... More tomorrow! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go White Sox!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My TV misses you as well. It also misses me. Since I don't have cable, all I've watched on it is a 3 hour marathon of the second season of The (original) Office, courtesy of Kristin's DVD collection.

If you guys get in on that Netflix Bandwagon, I HIGHLY suggest queueing up The Office DVDs. Even though it's British, it's eff-bombing hilarious.

Jackie said...

Todd- Are you getting cable??? I just can't imagine you living life without it! I know I couldn't have gone on without it... Back to Price is Right. ..

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I am eventually getting cable, but I'm waiting for my first condo association meeting to happen to see if they're going to negotiate a discount on service.

I'm not really missing the cable all that much, though. I've been pretty busy since I've moved in, and haven't really had too many opportunities to watch it anyway.