Saturday, April 16, 2005

Why can't anything go right???

Well, today we set out to mount 3 shelves on the wall between the living room and dining room. Got them all up there using my super cool laser level and they looked great. On the middle shelf I set out to put my vintage camera collection on, don't get too excited it's comprised of 2 cameras at the moment. I get my Kodak Brownie camera up there and then my nifty 80's Polaroid 660, and yep, you guessed it, the shelf falls down. Yippee skippee. Our wall anchors were apparently pieces of shit. So we got some others at Home Depot and put those in. And it seemed to work, but it was all wobbly, so we took those out. I went back to Home Depot AGAIN, got some huge ones and we're all set to put those in tomorrow hopefully. Can I just tell you how sick I am of going to Home Depot??? I think I have been there, literally, minimum 10 times since I've moved to Colorado, and might I point out that I have only been here 2 weeks!!

Tomorrow we're going to the Rockies game. They will probably end up losing horribly to the Giants; however, I would like to mention that Moises Alou (my favorite ex-Cubbie) plays for the Giants. UGH. Yet another thing not going my way, he's on the DL so he probably won't even be there. Dang it. I wanted to try and get there early to get his autograph. We'll see how it goes. Maybe he'll at least be there. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should probably throw out the pen after Moises signs the autograph...

...just sayin'.