Thursday, April 07, 2005

Green Olives Rule!

Ah, green olives, how do I love thee? Let me count thy ways... On a pizza with pepperoni, straight from the can, and, oh yeah, as Rob introduced me to, on cheesy nachos (our lunch today- absolutely superb). Yum!

Today I got lots of work done, and unpacked my office a little bit more... Still, it's a mess. Honestly, the whole house is still a mess. So many boxes to break down, so much crap to find places for, so many clothes to hang up! I'm sick of it! I hope we don't have to move again soon!!

Well, I guess today was just a regular old day, not much to speak of, aside from working, watching the OC (man, next week looks awesome!), and I even caught a bit of The Apprentice. Not usually a huge fan of that show, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Also chatted with my parents for a while, which was really nice- can't wait to see my mom in a few weeks! (And both my mom and dad next month!)

I'm watching the weather, and they are "claiming" there is a huge winter storm coming on Sunday. But, being a Colorado veteran of one week, if there is anything I have learned, it is that they WAY overreact on the news about bad weather. Come on, I'm from Chicago, you're gonna have to show me some 15 below zero and frozen boogers in my nose (you know you've all had them) to catch my attention!

As Mikey is quietly deciding if he should take the plunge off the window sill, just 2 feet off the floor (what a pussy), I must bid you adieu. To you and you and you. Dang, where's my Sound of Music DVD???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Westminster...hhhhmmmmmm, dont they have that bad ass dog show there every year, you guys should go and heckle the handlers, that would be awesome. Hope the coors is flowing well out there, and all that thin air doesnt mess with your heads.

Dave M

Jackie said...

Actually, your comment got me wondering-- Where exactly is the Westminster Dog Show??? So, I did a little research and the Dog Show is in New York at Madison Square Garden. Westminster gets its name from a long gone hotel in Manhattan. There, sporting gentlemen used to meet in the bar to drink and lie about their shooting accomplishments. Eventually they formed a club and bought a training area and kennel. They kept their dogs there and hired a trainer.

Glad we are all a little bit more informed about the Dog Shows...

Anonymous said...

Green olives are the best.

To the Parker Family, "Chips, Cheese, and Olives" are a family favorite. Want the recipe, you say? Here you go.

Ingredients:

1 bag Tostitos tortilla chips
1 block cheddar cheese
1 jar green olives

Directions:

Heat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. On a cookie baking pan/sheet, place chips evenly, placing each chip delicately next to each other, but not overlapping. Cut the cheese (haha) into the following dimension 1/4"h x 1/2"w x 1/2"d and place piece of cheese in the center of each chip. Place baking sheet into preheated oven and bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. While baking, cut desired amount of green olives in half and set aside (Parkers use 1/2 olive per chip). Once cheese is melted, take out of oven and place green olive in center of hot melted cheese. Let cool for a few minutes, then...ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

Those poor cubbies lost to the revamped Brew Crew sorry folks head 8 miles south to some real baseball...with a DH:)

Anonymous said...

Green olives? UGH!
HOpe you are having fun in Denver, and about that dog show..look for a Dandie Dinmont and tell me if a purebred looks anything like Doovy.
Cheers,
~T